We are announcing a position as Computer Scientist (m/f/d). The position (65%) is limited for a time period of one year and can be filled immediately.
The Borstel Research Center is an internationally renowned research institute, financed by the Federal Government and the State of Schleswig-Holstein. Our central task is research and patient care in the field of respiratory diseases. We operate both basic research infrastructures and a medical clinic. Our goal is to improve existing methods for the detection, prevention and treatment of lung diseases and to develop new, innovative therapeutic approaches.
The project is dedicated towards further development of informatics tools for lipidomics research in the frame work of the Lipidomics Informatics for Life Sciences (LIFS – https://lifs-tools.org). The applicant is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of software solutions provided by the consortia with a focus on systematic lipidome comparisons. The applicant will further support the implementation of a lipidome resource by supporting data curation and customize the LIFS workflow.
- MSc, BSc in informatics, bioinformatics or computer sciences
- Experience in programming Python, R and Shiny
- Experience multivariate data analysis and statistics
- Experience in cheminformatics would be beneficial
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English language
- Your new job is hosted in a top class research centre close to Hamburg
- Personal atmosphere and support
- Payment according to TVöD-VKA incl. all benefits usually offered in the public sector
- Family-friendly working conditions and flexible working hours as well as home office arrangements
- Childcare centre and workplace health promotion
- Possibility to start doctoral studies in cooperation with Prof. Andrew Torda (Universität Hamburg)